- Written by Christian Simmons
Christian Simmons is a writer for RetireGuide and a member of the Association for Financial Counseling & Planning Education (AFCPE®). He covers Medicare and important retirement topics. Christian is a former winner of a Florida Society of News Editors journalism contest and has written professionally since 2016.Read More
- Edited BySavannah Pittle
Senior Financial Editor
Savannah Pittle is a professional writer and content editor with over 16 years of professional experience across multiple industries. She has ghostwritten for entrepreneurs and industry leaders and been published in mediums such as The Huffington Post, Southern Living and Interior Appeal Magazine.Read More
- Financially Reviewed ByEbony J. Howard, CPA
Ebony J. Howard, CPA
Credentialed Tax Expert at Intuit
Ebony J. Howard is a certified public accountant and freelance consultant with a background in accounting, personal finance, and income tax planning and preparation. She specializes in analyzing financial information in the health care, banking and real estate sectors.Read More
- Published: March 21, 2023
- Updated: October 25, 2023
- 5 min read time
- This page features 11 Cited Research ArticlesKey Takeaways
- AIG rebranded its Life & Retirement operations as Corebridge Financial in 2022. It now offers its annuity products only through Corebridge.
- There are three types of AIG annuities to choose from: indexed annuities, fixed annuities and variable annuities.
- AIG carries strong ratings from credit rating agencies, indicating that they can be trusted with your money.
- You can contact AIG at 1-800-448-2542 or use their online portal to check the status of your annuity.
With more than $527 in assets and operations in more than 70 countries, AIG is one of the world’s top insurance corporations. The conglomerate is a household name in America and has a powerful presence in every aspect of the insurance industry, including the annuities market.
In March 2022, AIG announced that it would rebrand its Life & Retirement business operations as a new subsidiary company, Corebridge Financial, Inc. AIG’s annuities are now issued under Corebridge, but AIG still controls the company.Contact InformationCurrent annuity customers with account questions can contact customer service by phone at 800-445-7862 or through Corebridge Financial’s online portal.
AIG’s Reputation and Financial Stability
AIG is well-regarded in the insurance industry. The company holds straight-A ratings from all leading credit rating agencies, including S&P Global Ratings and AM Best. Evaluators considered it financially stable and well-equipped to uphold its financial responsibilities to its customers.
Rating Service Rating AM Best A Fitch A+ S&P Global Ratings A+ Moody’s A2Source: AIGInterested in Buying an Annuity?Connect with a specialist to find out how an annuity can offer you guaranteed monthly income for life.
*Ad: Clicking will take you to our partner Annuity.org.
AIG Annuity Product Options
AIG offers three types of annuities through Corebridge Financial: fixed annuities, variable annuities and indexed annuities.
AIG’s fixed annuity products offer a guaranteed interest rate for the duration of your term and stable payouts later. These annuities are ideal for people who prefer safe investments that generate predictable returns for retirement.AIG’s fixed annuity products include:
- American Pathway Series of Fixed Annuities
- Assured Edge Income Builder Fixed Annuity
AIG’s variable annuities offer flexible interest rates that rise and fall according to how well the stock market performs. These annuities don’t provide a guaranteed return, but they have the potential to generate much more income than the other options. They’re perfect for people who have many sources of retirement income and don’t mind risking some of their annuity funds for a chance at higher growth.AIG’s variable annuity products include:
- Advanced Outcomes Annuity
- Polaris Variable Annuity
AIG’s indexed annuities combine the security of its fixed annuities with the growth potential of variable annuities. With these products, your interest rate can rise as the market rises. However, these indexed annuities also have a guaranteed minimum interest rate that protects you from a market downside.AIG’s indexed annuity products include:
Beat the Bank With Fixed Annuity Rates As High As 6%Start with a zero-commitment conversation to learn how annuities can help fund your retirement.
- Power Series of Indexed Annuities with Lifetime Income Plus Multiplier Flex
- Power Series of Indexed Annuities with Lifetime Income Max
*Ad: Clicking will take you to our partner Annuity.org.
Fees and Charges
AIG charges administrative fees based on the income base of your annuity, or the amount you initially deposited plus the interest that deposit has accumulated.
Fees range from 0% on its American Pathway fixed annuities to 1.45% on its Polaris variable annuities. Sometimes, fees may adjust according to market conditions after the first year of your term. Some annuities also come with additional contract maintenance fees and expense fees.
AIG also charges a surrender fee on any withdrawals exceeding 10% of your annuity’s value in any year during your term. Fees depend on the type of annuity you have, the length of its term and how long you owned the policy.
AIG’s annuity fee structure is less transparent than some of its competitors, but you’ll know which fees you agree to before purchasing your annuity. AIG will also notify you before any fee changes so you can prepare your finances accordingly.
AIG Customer Service
AIG makes it easy for its annuity customers to get support, even outside of normal business hours.
You can log in to your Corebridge Financial account at any time through the company’s secure online portal. You’ll need to input your name and password to access information on any Corebridge policies you own, including annuities. If you’re registering for the first time, you’ll need to verify your email address and phone number.
You can reach the Corebridge customer service line at 800-445-7862 on weekdays between 7 a.m. and 8 p.m. CST.
You can also send mail to Corebridge’s customer service department at P.O. Box 15648 in Amarillo, Texas. Corebridge may ask you to send certain documents to this address when helping you with your inquiries.3 Minute Quiz: Can You Retire Comfortably?Take our free quiz & match with a financial advisor in 3 easy steps. Tailored to your goals. Near you or online.
Frequently Asked Questions About AIG’s Annuity ProductsHow does AIG ensure the safety and security of its annuity investments?AIG’s annuities are backed by the company’s strong financial standing. Leading credit rating agencies rate AIG with As, indicating they believe the company’s prospects are stable and that it will have no trouble providing the annuity payouts its customers were promised.What is AIG’s reputation as an annuity provider, and how do its products compare to other leading providers?AIG is one of the largest and most trusted annuity providers in the United States. Its fees are higher than some of its competitors, but it makes up for this shortcoming by offering annuity customers more opportunities to benefit from stock market gains.What resources and support does AIG offer to its annuity customers, such as online tools and educational materials?AIG has published a series of informational videos and brochures on each of its annuity products on the Corebridge Financial website. You’ll find the resources that cover each product posted on the associated product page.Advertisement
Connect With a Financial Advisor InstantlyLast Modified: October 25, 2023
11 Cited Research Articles
- Corebridge Financial. (2023). Advanced Outcomes Annuity. Retrieved from https://edge6sun.jaggedpeak.com/merchantUploads/edgeSunAmerica/Advanced%20Outcomes%20Annuity%20Client%20Brochure_A6197BR1.4_0223.pdf
- Corebridge Financial. (2022, November 7). The Power Series of Index Annuities. Retrieved from https://adminplus.fgsfulfillment.com/View/AIGAG/1/I6155LPM
- Corebridge Financial. (2022, October). Assured Edge Fixed Annuities. Retrieved from https://www.corebridgefinancial.com/insights-education/get-income-you-can-count-on-for-life
- American International Group. (2022, March 29). Investor Relations. Retrieved from https://www.aig.com/home/investor-relations
- Business Wire. (2022, March 28). AIG Announces Plan to Rebrand its Life & Retirement Business as Corebridge Financial. Retrieved from https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20220328005592/en/AIG-Announces-Plan-to-Rebrand-its-Life-Retirement-Business-as-Corebridge-Financial
- Corebridge Financial. (2022). Polaris Variable Annuity with Polaris Income Max. Retrieved from https://www.lifeandretirement.aig.com/content/dam/aig/america-canada/us-lnr/documents/pdfs/polaris-incomemax-brochure.pdf
- American International Group. (n.d.). About AIG. Retrieved from https://www.aig.com/home/about
- American International Group. (n.d.). Annuity Withdrawal/Surrender Request. Retrieved from https://www.goforforms.com/FORMS/AMGE/AGLC108865.pdf
- Corebridge Financial. (n.d.). Annuities. Retrieved from https://www.corebridgefinancial.com/what-we-offer/annuities
- Corebridge Financial. (n.d.). Answers to questions about our enhanced security measures. Retrieved from https://www.corebridgefinancial.com/rs/landings/dsu-vol#accordion-5e010cd0ba-item-65d86fad47
- Corebridge Financial. (n.d.). Contact Us. Retrieved from https://www.corebridgefinancial.com/rs/home/contact-us
- Edited By
Calling this number connects you to one of our trusted partners.
If you're interested in help navigating your options, a representative will provide you with a free, no-obligation consultation.
Our partners are committed to excellent customer service. They can match you with a qualified professional for your unique objectives.
We/Our Partners do not offer every plan available in your area. Any information provided is limited to those plans offered in your area. Please contact Medicare.gov or 1-800-MEDICARE to get information on all of your options.844-359-1705