- Bachelor’s degree in Media Arts from Lyon College
- Certified as a Financial Wellness Facilitator through the National Wellness Institute and the Foundation for Financial Wellness
- Holds six Health Literacy certificates from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Member, National Wellness Institute
- Terry Turner is a writer and journalist with more than 30 years of experience in broadcast, print and digital media.
- He has been writing for RetireGuide.com since it was founded in 2020.
- He won an Emmy for a television episode he produced for The Pentagon Channel and has been nominated for two other Emmys during his career.
- He was selected as a MarCom Awards Platinum winner for an investigative feature into how vape manufacturer Juul’s marketing strategy to consumers played a role in a teen vaping epidemic.
- He is a Digital Health Award Silver winner for his report on how potentially dangerous heartburn medications are aggressively marketed to consumers.
- He is a member of the National Wellness Institute has been a member of the White House Correspondents Association, the American Medical Writers Association, the Alliance of Professional Health Advocates, and an Associate Member of the American Bar Association.
Terry Turner is an Emmy-winning former television journalist with more than 30 years of experience. He writes about Medicare and retirement planning issues at RetireGuide.com.
Prior to joining RetireGuide, he researched and wrote about medical, consumer and policy issues primarily on health-related topics.
He holds a Financial Wellness Facilitator certificate from the Financial Wellness Foundation and the National Wellness Institute.
As an investigative television reporter for CONUS Communications’ Washington bureau, he covered Congress and federal agencies for roughly 100 local television news departments across the United States.
His health writing has been featured in the Washington Examiner and cited by national media including The New York Times and MedPage Today. Terry has been interviewed by international news organizations including the BBC’s “Victoria Derbyshire” program, New Zealand’s “News Hub Nation,” and the International Consortium of Investigative Journalists for his expertise on medical consumer issues.
He was selected as a Marcom Awards Platinum Winner for his expose of how Juul used tobacco industry documents as a guide in marketing vaping products and a Digital Health Awards Silver Winner for his report on the overprescribing, marketing and overuse of dangerous heartburn medicines.
Terry received his Bachelor of Arts in Media Arts from Lyon College. He is a member of the American Medical Writers Association and a past member of the White House Correspondents Association.